What is The Best Burr Coffee Grinder For Drip Coffee?
When you are a coffee drinker, getting the freshest tasting coffee can be hard unless you buy one from a coffee shop itself. Ever wonder what makes their coffee taste so much better, even though you make it exactly the same. If you said freshly ground coffee you are right.
No matter how hard you try to keep coffee grounds fresh, I keep mine in the fridge, there is nothing better than freshly ground coffee. If you are ready to be able to make your own fresh tasting coffee, whether it’s for an espresso or drip coffee, you must buy a coffee grinder.
As a person who loves to shop around before I buy anything, when it came to my coffee grinder it took a long time to decide on one. There are so many options out there with so many great features, but I did have a budget and that limited me a little bit.
The good news is that I did get one that was in my budget and in my opinion is the best burr coffee grinder for drip coffee.The best part is I can choose from different grind settings which allows me to use it for anything between fine grinds for my espresso machine to course grinds for a richer, deeper coffee. I own the Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, and I bought this from Amazon.com.
I truly believe that even though it was a little pricey when you think about how much you spend on coffee every week, month, and year its well worth buying one that will last and offer great features.
I mean, if you are like me you probably buy a coffee or espresso at least everyday on your way to work or on your way to drop your kids off at school. Lets just say you spend ten dollars a week, that makes about $40 a month, and in three months you have spent more on coffee than you would have buying this coffee grinder.
Plus think about how much time you spend in line waiting for that coffee. Now who wouldn’t want to stay home for an extra 10-15 minutes instead of leaving early to spend that time in line, all before you have even had your “morning coffee” when its a simple push of a button.These are just some of the other features of this that makes this the best burr coffee grinder for drip coffee:
- Easy to clean and maintain, though you really must invest in a coffee grinder brush, but this is essential for just about all coffee grinders. Besides the actual grinder, everything comes apart for easy access.
Spill proof, it uses a glass container to catch the grounds and made perfectly with a silicone lid.
- Allows you to adjust how much you want ground at a time as well as how fine you want your coffee ground with 14 different settings. This is my favourite feature because I not only have a drip coffee maker but also an espresso machine.
The next coffee grinder I plan on investing isn’t the best burr coffee grinder for drip coffee but its the Breville Smart Grinder Coffee Machine from Amazon. This coffee grinders basically takes out all the guess work when it comes to switching between drip and espresso coffee.This one also has these great features:
- You can store up to a pound of coffee beans in the hopper, and no worry of them getting stale because not only is it removable but the hopper is air tight.
- Allows you to adjust it with 25 different grind settings.Also like I said, it takes out the guess work due to its amazing feature of automatically adjusting the amount it disburses depending on the grind settings.
- You can grind up coffee grounds in one if its two containers or directly into a coffee filter. One container is perfect for grinding up coffee beans for use later and storing them.
Now I realize these coffee grinders may not fit onto every one’s budget and as a coffee drinker you want the best burr coffee grinder for drip coffee your budget will allow. Honestly for under 40 dollars you can own a burr coffee grinder that basically offers the same features as the one I own. Its’ the Mr. Coffee Automatic Burr Mill Grinder and it offers:
- 18 different grind settings for that perfect rich flavor.
- Holds and stores up to a 1/2 pound of coffee beans.
- It can be taken apart easily for cleaning and it is only a third of the price of my grinder.
Like I said before with so many options You have a lot to pick and choose from but these are the ones that we have found being the best burr coffee grinders for drip coffee. Enjoy your Coffee!